- Parents are encouraged to watch practices but are asked to remain under the covered areas or off to the side so that coaches have the swimmer's full attention
- Younger swimmers are encouraged to watch older swimmers at practice and at the meets.
Written notice must be given as early as possible to the head coach of any absences from swim meets or any absences of a week or more from practice, such as family vacation, camps, jobs, summer school, etc. (Please do not report absences from practice of less than a week to the head coach.) Swimmers must attend at least one practice per week prior to Monday's meet in order to compete in that meet. Exceptions apply to those with jobs/summer school who are needed to fill lanes or are attending a summer camp, vacation bible school, etc. who provide a note at the start of the season. Priority will be given to those attending practice for relay purposes.
- Swimmers must participate in at least 2 regular season dual meets to qualify for post season meets (Meet of Champions, All-stars) and in at least 3 regular season dual swim meets to qualify for a participation trophy.
- Refunds are given only under extreme circumstances. The board will review on a case by case basis.
- VIOLATIONS OF THE CONTRACT OF EXPECTATIONS will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the team's 3-strike rule. (view Contract of Expectations)
- HARRASSMENT OF ANY OFFICIAL AT A MEET will not be tolerated. Under the directions used by the Southwest Houston Recreational Swim League, harassment includes verbal and/or physical contact. Any parent who verbally harasses any official is subject to being removed from the pool area, regardless of where the meet is being held. Contact the meet director or any board member if observed.
- Our website (CWstingrays.com), Twitter, and our webmail system are our best methods of communicating with our swimmers and their families. See our Home Page for instructions to sign up for team tweets (if you can text, you can receive tweets and a Twitter account is not required). All tweets are also posted at our Home Page under "Stingray News." If you are not receiving team webmails after you have registered, contact the team secretary (contacts). Please check the website and your webmails regularly for updates on practices, meets, swim times, and other important information. (Note: please be sure to check your spam folder\settings to ensure you receive team webmails!)
- Please remember the speed limit around the pool is 20 MPH, and please follow all posted parking signs.
- All pool rules will be strictly enforced.
- Stingrays have a reputation of good sportsmanship - please help us maintain this image.
- Cheer your fellow swimmers while they are in the water!
- Please remember that everyone involved with the team is a volunteer and has chosen to give up many of their busy hours to make the team all it can be. Over the years, we have discovered that some things work better than others, and we do things in a way that fits the vast majority of participants. If you have a suggestion we will be glad to hear it, but we must consider how any changes impact the entire team and not just one individual
- All families have volunteer responsibilities totaling 5 work shifts for the season… YOUR INVOLVEMENT IS MANDATORY. We understand that there are extreme cases where families are unable to meet the mandatory 5 work shift minimum, and there is a volunteer buyout fee (see Registration) to exempt your family from volunteer responsibilities. Families that do not remit the buyout fee with registration must provide a deposit check payable to CWST that will be held throughout the season pending your satisfaction of 5 work shifts. This check will only be cashed if you fail to complete and/or miss your 5 mandatory work shifts, and it will be returned to you at the end of the season if you satisfy them.
Weather Policy Although CWST makes any and all reasonable attempts to make practices/meets available as scheduled, safety is a priority. The coaches and meet director have authority to have, delay or cancel practices and meets. However, parents are encouraged to use their own discretion in considering attendance during questionable conditions. Whenever possible, all weather related changes in our schedule will be tweeted, posted to the website in "Tweets by @CWSTStingrays” on the Home page, and emailed (be sure you have signed up for these communications).
Meets: Swim meets are RARELY canceled due to weather because of the difficulty of rescheduling them. If a meet is delayed, DO NOT LEAVE as it will resume as quickly as safely possible.
Practices: A practice may be moved to dry land, delayed or canceled depending on the severity of the weather. In the case of light rain, we will practice as scheduled. In the case of thunder/lightning, the pool will be cleared and remain so for a minimum of 20 minutes from the last detection of thunder/lightning. Practices will only be canceled in extreme weather conditions where it is determined that there is not likely to be a cessation in thunder/lightning for the duration of the day’s practice schedule.